To do a proper power during a frame of candidiasis may help control the symptoms of the disease. Learn how to.
The candidiasis is a disease caused by the fungus Candida albicans, which lives naturally in the human body, in particular in the area of the female genitals, in the intestine, in the mouth and on the skin. When there is an overgrowth of this fungus due to some imbalance, then arise a infection. Be careful with the food during an episode of candidiasis is something that can help to control the symptoms, so it is an excellent aid in the control of the disease. Among the most common symptoms, can be noted, for example:
- Abdominal bloating;
- Constipation and/or diarrhea;
- Infections recurring urinary tract;
- Skin problems such as skin rashes;
- Irritability and/or mood changes;
- Pain in the joints.
As you can see, the most frequent symptoms are quite bothersome, so the ideal will be to control them to the maximum, taking several measures such as medication adjusted by your doctor and a diet adjusted to the infection.
DIET IN CANDIDIASIS: FOODS TO INCLUDE AND EXCLUDE
The adjustments of the power supply in case of candidiasis have as main goal to reduce the state of inflammation inherent to the candidiasis and include healthy food that may benefit gut health and reduce the risk of developing candidiasis in the long term.
Despite the effectiveness of this diet not be properly supported by scientific studies, the dietary changes suggested will have an impact on the state of infection, more or less significant, depending on the case.
Consider the following lists of foods, that will help you know what to eat to improve the symptoms of thrush and what to remove from your feed to the reduce.
- FOODS TO INCLUDE
Make sure you include daily the following foods:
- Fruit with a low content of sugar, such as lemon, lime, or red fruits;
- Vegetables, such as asparagus, cabbage, brussels, cabbage, broccoli, celery, cucumber, onion, and spinach;
- Cereals without gluten, such as quinoa, oat bran and buckwheat;
- High quality protein, such as eggs, chicken, turkey, salmon, tuna and sardines;
- Healthy fats, such as avocado, seeds (sesame, sunflower, etc.), olives and coconut oil not refined;
- Some dairy products, such as ghee, yogurt and kefir , organic;
- Herbs and spices, such as cinnamon, ginger, saffron, rosemary, and thyme;
- Sweeteners without sugar, if necessary, such as stevia;
- Beverages without caffeine, such as herbal tea, vegetable drinks and flavoured water;
- Whole foods towards refined;
- Probiotic supplements can also help to restore the intestinal flora, alleviating the symptoms of the infection.
Some strategies, how to sleep well and include the greater variety of these foods in your day-to-day, can help you strengthen the immune system, by qu,and the ideal is to reconcile them with these tips to the diet in candidiasis.
- FOODS TO EXCLUDE
In terms of the foods to eliminate from your day to day, the power at the thrush is a little strict, since there are several alimentes consumed frequently that have driven the state of inflammation associated with candidiasis, by promoting an excessive growth of this fungus.
However, it is important that these dietary changes, in particular with regard to the elimination of foods frequently consumed, to be made gradually and not radically. So, try to remove one food at a time so that the process will be easier for you. Consider the following list of foods:
- Fruit with high sugar content, such as banana, dates, grapes, and mango;
- Cereals with gluten, such as wheat, rye and barley;
- Fats refined, such as margarine, sunflower oil and soybean oil;
- Sauces industrialized, such as ketchup, mayonnaise and soy sauce;
- Some dairy products, such as milk and cheese;
- Sugar refined;
- Sweeteners artficiais, such as aspartame;
- Oleaginous fruitssuch as walnuts, cashews and peanuts;
- Caffeine and energy drinks;
- Alcoholic beverages;
- Sugary drinks, such as sodas and fruit juices with added sugars.
DIET IN CANDIDIASIS: EXAMPLE OF A DAY FOOD
The following is an example of a day food, and as such, should be adjusted to your personal needs and to your routine. However, the goal is to have a good tip, that includes some of the foods indicated in this type of diet, enhancing the effect of diet in candidiasis:
- Breakfast: 1 cup of natural yoghurt + 2 tablespoons of oat flakes + 1 avocado, cut into pieces
- Mid-morning: Juice “green” (water, lemon juice, apple, spinach and cucumber)
- Lunch: Bifinhos of chicken grilled with salad of lentils, lettuce, tomato, and onion
- Snack: Pudding chia with red fruits
- Dinner: chickpea Salad with tuna, boiled egg and broccoli
The councils that are part of a healthy diet, such as, for example, eat several times a day, hydrate yourself well, or vary based on the type of food, continue to be excellent allies for the control of the symptoms of candidiasis. Thus, in addition to good eating habits, just try to choose more careful of the foods that constitute your day.
DIET IN CANDIDIASIS: HOW LONG YOU SHOULD DO THIS DIET?
The power supply should be carried out in the short term, to improve the symptoms. Later, should be resumed the habits of a healthy, varied, full and balanced.
Enjoy some of the changes establishing this diet to correct some of the dietary errors that possibly is to do, improving the quality of their diet in the long term. Especially in cases of infection recurring, the diet can be a great ally not only in the control of symptoms, but also take an active role in the prevention, depending on the case.
However, the diagnosis and medical treatment are essential, therefore, always seek the help of a professional to indicate the best treatment for your case. .
Despite the lack of evidence of scientific studies that support this diet, there is no doubt that these changes can bring several benefits due to its focus on healthy food. In addition, the removal of some foods, such as products sugary sauces industrialized and alcoholic beverages, will also bring benefits to your health and may prevent diseases such as obesity, cardiovascular disease, diabetes , and metabolic syndrome.
Thus, in addition to the benefits inherent to food in the candidiasis specifically for the infection, you can take advantage of other benefits of this diet for your well-being.
Even though there are no adverse effects associated with this type of food, before some particular health conditions, you may not be advised, so it is advisable that you speak with your doctor or a dietician when you are diagnosed with thrush and you want to start a fit in your diet as a complement to the treatment.